Monday 25 June 2012

deco deco

It has been too long since my last post, I have been quite preoccupied with the winter colds that have been rotating through the family.  It as been quite frustrating as I have been having so many great design ideas but not the time to put any of them into action.  

I have been getting quite inspired by the Art Deco movement again, it is a theme that has been running through my life as a designer.  The use of colour and pattern really appeals to me. 
       

Pierre Legrain bound book 1907-1970 & Rose Adler bound book 1929-31


Designed by Natalia Goncharova 1923



F.Gregory Brown furnishing fabric 1922


Designed by Clarice Cliff Sunray Vase 1929-30


Norman Bel Geddes, Emerson Radio and Phonograph Corporation. New York 1924.

All images from Art Deco 1910-1939 NGV exhibition catalogue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment