Monday 6 February 2012

Leather Mask Making

The whole family is sick today, I'm wandering if I will every get a chance to make a start on my new design ideas.  Yesterday I was thinking about a short course I did, about ten years ago, in Venetian leather mask making. I was thinking about how I could use the techniques I learned to make jewellery.  The only issue I have is that the set up cost would be great. I will need to buy leather, carving tools, paints and waxes.  The thing that would be great is the ability to make one off bespoke pieces.   Here is the mask I made in the two day mask making course, it was a lot of fun.  I have always loved the experience of making something on the spot and watching it evolve.      

I love the effect curving tools have made on the underside of the leather

No comments:

Post a Comment